St. John’s, NL (April 4, 2016) — The Newfoundland and Labrador Oil & Gas Industries Association (Noia) is pleased to advise that the first Noia News edition of 2016 is now available.
Noia News, Noia’s quarterly publication, provides members with educational and informative articles about the local, national and international industry, as well as Noia’s activities on behalf of its membership.
This issue of Noia News contains:
- 2016: The Year Ahead: a glimpse of what’s on the horizon this year.
- Industry Achievement Awards: Read about this year’s winners: Rob Crosbie – Outstanding Contribution Award recipient and Dr. Richard Wright – this year’s Rising Star.
- Weathering the Economic Storm: featuring Pierre Cleroux, VP Research and Chief Economist for BDC.
- Outside the 200 mile limit: Who makes the rules? Wylie Spicer, counsel to the law firm McInnes Cooper, outlines the international laws at play beyond Canada’s 200 nautical mile exclusive economic zone.
- Understanding crude oil pricing: With the oil price volatility of recent months, it can be difficult to make sense of where markets are heading and just what drives them to behave the way they do. Noia asked Wood Mackenzie, an international consultancy company which provides commercial intelligence for the energy, metals and mining industries, to outline the processes involved in crude oil forecasting, with an eye to recent events.
- Redefining Oil: Collaborative Governance: Noia Chair Raymond Collins and Noia Board Director Bill Fanning provide their views about an important pillar of Noia’s Redefining Oil strategy – collaborative governance.
- NL’s challenging rig requirements: Noia spoke to Ron Davis, Davis Rig Solutions, about why he considers Newfoundland and Labrador as the most difficult rig market in the world to enter.
- 2016 Noia Board of Directors: Noia has a new Board, including three new Directors: Kerri Best, Christian Somerton and Hank Williams.
- Noia’s 2016 Chair outlines top priorities: Noia’s new Chair, Raymond Collins, outlines what he hopes to accomplish as Chair in 2016.
Noia members can expect to receive their copy of Noia News in the coming days. It is also available online.