St. John’s, NL (June 5, 2105) – Noia, the Newfoundland & Labrador Oil & Gas Industries Association, will host its 31st annual Play on the Edge conference from June 15-18, 2015 at the Delta St. John’s Hotel and Conference Centre with a theme of Redefining Oil: Bringing the Future Home.
“Our 2015 theme, Redefining Oil: Bringing the Future Home, is focused on how we collectively build a stronger, more sustainable oil & gas industry here in Newfoundland and Labrador,” said John Henley, 2015 Noia Conference Chair. “There is significant potential in our offshore and Noia believes a focused approach to continuously grow and develop our industry is needed to support better planning, reduce risk and uncertainty, and increase the industrial capacity, capability and strength of this province. And we’ve built a strong and dynamic program around that belief.”
Noia’s Play on the Edge conference is Canada’s flagship offshore oil & gas industry event, attracting industry leaders from around the world. The 2015 program brings together a roster of prominent speakers to address key industry topics, including a look at what current oil prices mean for the global and local industry today and over the long-term, insights into the emerging technologies, pioneering solutions and types of rigs necessary for the remote, harsh deepwater and slope environments, and projections for the true potential of the province’s oil & gas industry.
Highlights of the 2015 conference agenda include:
Keynote addresses by:
- Captain Richard Phillips, Captain of the MV Maersk Alabama
- Rex Murphy, Host of Cross Country Checkup and Correspondent with The National, CBC
- Arthur Berman, Labryinth Consulting Services
- Honourable Paul Davis, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Jez Averty, Statoil
- Honourable Derrick Dalley, Provincial Minister of Natural Resources
A panel discussion on optimizing development costs, featuring:
- Liv Monica Stubholt, Hjort and Chair, 2013 KonKraft Initiative (Norway)
- Ken Cruickshank, Oil & Gas UK (United Kingdom)
- Thomas Ross, McLennan Ross LLP (Alberta)
- Derek Owen, RDO Consulting (Newfoundland and Labrador)
Operator Updates from:
- ExxonMobil Canada
- Husky Energy
- Nalcor Energy
- Suncor Energy
Along with the following high-profile speakers:
- Greig Aitken, Wood Mackenzie
- Jarand Rystad, Rystad Energy
- Carla Regan, Genesis Oil & Gas
- Hilde Benedikte Østlund, Kvaerner
- Brian Rogers, Subsea7
- Tim McMillan, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
- Steve Jacobs, Sinclair Group
- Terry Childs, Rigzone
- Scott Tessier, C-NLOPB
The week-long Noia conference attracts over 1000 delegates annually, who receive the latest information on Canada’s offshore oil & gas industry, take part in discussions with global industry leaders and avail of unparalleled networking opportunities. The event also contributes substantially to the provincial economy, especially the hospitality and retail sectors in and around St. John’s, and raises the profile of Newfoundland and Labrador’s petroleum industry on the global stage.
For more information on Play on the Edge 2015, visit www.noiaconference.com or follow us on Twitter at @NoiaPlayonEdge.
Media agencies are encouraged to send representatives. Media are provided access to Noia conference sessions and luncheons by completing/submitting a Media Registration Form on or before Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 12 noon. Contact [email protected] to obtain a form if required.